Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy National Book Lovers' Day!

Happy National Book Lovers' Day, everyone!

First up, random bookish things I've found that I think are the cat's pajamas:

Princess Bride poster, 8x10 Art Print
by Happy Landings

Reading Astronauts Silkscreen Print
by Aquaboy

Vintage 1950s Cateye Reading Glasses
by seven devils

Art Deco Nude Bookend
by some space for me

Vintage 5' tall Revolving Bookcase
by plain and elegant antiques

Next up, just a few of my favorite books we own!

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? by Dr. Seuss

My Antonia by Willa Cather

Magyk (Septimus Heap #1) by Angie Sage

A few books from my wishlist:

Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles #1) by Anne Rice

Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes

To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf

The Mysterious Howling (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #1)
by Maryrose Wood
Reading goals.
1. To read at least 50 books this year. I should be able to surpass this pretty easily but with as busy as this year has been, I'm playing it safe!
2. I want to read every book we own before moving onto library books or buying more books from our local awesome (and oh-so-tempting) used bookstores. There will probably be a few exceptions to the latter part of this due to rounding out series and our collection of certain authors' books (like Roald Dahl), but I plan to strictly stick to this plan for the most part.

I'm trying to keep things simple so that pretty much sums up my goals. I typically sabotage myself and my efforts when I get too detailed and fancy so simple is best. What are some awesome bookish things you've found recently? What are favorite books on your shelves and what is on your wishlist? I'd also love to hear about your reading goals! Thank you for dropping in and your thoughts are always welcome! :)

Mary Beth

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals.
    Your second goal is something I need to work on too, but I just can't stay away from the library for long enough to make a dent in the piles of unread books I own....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has been my problem for years. We moved in late June and I decided not to get a library card until I've read our book collection. Let's see if I can stick to that, too ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!