Friday, September 7, 2012

{Frabjous Friday #3}


This week I'm excited about reading The Hidden Gallery, the second in The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place series. Miss Lumley is sweet and charming and the children, Alexander, Beowulf and Cassiopeia, are an absolute riot. I'll post a review soon telling you what I think!

I haven't decided what else I'm going to read yet. I've been a) a little wrapped up in science homework, and b) feeling a little overwhelmed by my 1,155 book long Goodreads to-be-read list. I'm not even sure where to start with that one.

Recently, I have been thinking about trying out an audio book for the first time. I've always avoided them because I like the feel of a book in my hands and the sound of the narrator in my head. I've begun to think that maybe I'm being close-minded, though, and being read to while on my elliptical machine or doing dishes or any number of other (excruciatingly) boring tasks would be pretty nice. While I'm easy-going regarding content when I'm reading to myself, I would need audio books that are child appropriate since my three-year-old son will most likely be listening as well. Have a suggestion? Or two? Or five? I'd love to hear them!
Mary Beth

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't heard of this book before but the cover looks cute! ;) Absolutely can't wait for your review. I never actually listened to audio books before except Twilight but audio books sounds great!

    I hope you have a wonderful Friday, Mary Beth! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Celine! Isn't the cover fabulous? The illustrations are one of the things I love about this series. The review should be posted soon (fingers Xed, ha).

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series, but I keep seeing things for it all over the web. I think I'll put it on my list. Looks cute!

    I love audio books. I use them to get through my daily commute to school/work. They've saved me!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should, Ems! I think you'd really like it. They're fun and fast.

      The library has a whole bunch of audio books so I'm trying to decide what sounds good. One or two will probably pop up in my next Frabjous Friday feature.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!