Friday, September 14, 2012

{Frabjous Friday #4}


Frabjous: adj. a word used to describe a happy day; ex., as read in Jabberwocky: O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Frabjous Friday is a weekly feature in which I share the books I have recently won, been given, borrowed, or purchased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cannot believe it has been a whole week since I last posted. My apologies, dear readers! There have been a multitude of things going on in my non-virtual life, and this has been a rather rough week for us. School has been keeping me very busy as well. I should have taken my required science courses at the beginning of my college career and instead I'm taking all ten hours (plus the required 3 hour computer class) this semester. I've had various projects going on and last evening I had a science test worth 17.5% of that class's overall grade. I did my best but I'm not sure if I want to know my score or not. At least it's over now, though, and until the next horrid test one of my instructors has lined up I should be able to focus more on bibliophyte.

This past weekend I went to my local library and borrowed a stack of books (I was feeling optimistic about my week then, ha) and I actually got a couple of them read. One is a book I never would have chosen for myself but went ahead and read anyway, Just Desserts: A Savannah Reid Mystery by G. A. McKevett. I'm not going to post my review here, but if you'd like to know the whole story of my reading it and take a peek at my review, you can see it here.

One of the books I chose caught my eye as I was walking by the new books display. I had never seen or heard of it before:

The Time Keeper: A Novel by Mitch Albom
It was a thoughtful read and I quite enjoyed it. I should be getting my review posted soon (keep those fingers crossed! :)

I chose my first audio book this week as well!

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
It's a bit of a monster seeing as it has 16 discs and is around 20 hours long. I'll let you know how it is!

What books have you come across lately? I'd love to hear about them! Have a great weekend!
Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!