Sunday, March 6, 2011

Delish!! - & - Meet Keats! (no, not the poet :)

The one and only Julia Child!
Last night I discovered some wonderful shops on Etsy, and for some strange reason almost all of them involved food. Soo, I made a treasury called Fee Fi Fo... Yum!! Check it out and let me know what you think! ...and if it makes you as hungry as it makes me :)

Apparently food is on a lot of people's minds this weekend because today the vintage Ransburg cannisters in my shop were featured in a fabulous treasury, Fat Gives Things Flavor! by sintwister on Etsy. (Thank you, Julia Child, for providing such a sensational title!)
Keats & I on his first
evening with us :)


In other news, it's about time I introduced you to my faithful sidekick (of the feline type), Peregrine Keats! We adopted him this past October when he was about 7 weeks old. He was light as a feather, rather sickly and scared of everything. After a much-needed scrubbing, good nutritious food, and several trips to the vet, he is the model of health, as well as my brain-storming buddy and constant cuddler. Don't think he's all sugar, though ;) He certainly has a spunky personality and I'm so glad he has become such a confident kitty.

Keats "helping" me take
item photos for my shop

I should probably explain his name. You see, I've always viewed animals as being like people, with distinctive identities and deserving names indicative of their personalities. Therefore, his first name, Peregrine, means "one who has made a journey," and the little guy certainly had quite the trip getting here. Keats is, of course, for the poet John Keats, who wrote one of my all-time favorite poems, When I Have Fears. Keats is a thoughtful cat with lovely markings and the fact that both my kitten Keats and the poet Keats bring a smile to my face, it seemed highly appropriate :)

The lovely John Keats

Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names? I adore names (and naming things), so I love to hear what people have named their closest companions :) Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!