Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Lovely Weekend & Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!

Hello again! I know it has been a few days, but I decided to throw responsibility to the wind and my husband and I left town for the weekend! We had so much fun! We zipped down to Tulsa and went shopping, antiqueing, sightseeing (which is a romantic way of saying we got lost a lot ;) and just spent time together.

Saturday we headed to a little town south of Tulsa called Jenks. The entire main street is antique shops, which we spent the whole afternoon browsing through. One of the little treasures I found is an adorable vintage snapshot, which you can see here. That is only one of the things I found, and I'm trying to find time to photograph and list them all! It's been a bit difficult since I've been shirking homework all weekend ;) It was definitely worth it though. Jack and I decided we're going to do it more often, now that our son isn't an infant anymore, and I can't wait!

Also on tonight's agenda is.... Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!! What is your favorite story or poem? Mine is Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? It never fails to cheer me up :)

"When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad...
you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!"

My favorite part of the story is about "...poor Mr. Potter, T-crosser, I-dotter. He has to cross t's and he has to dot i's in an I-and-T factory out in Van Nuys!" Of course, maybe part of it is that when I was little I used to pretend to be a T-crosser, I-dotter (it's much harder than it looks). And yes, I have always had strange hobbies :)

Well, thank you for popping by and don't forget to leave a little calling card down below! Toodeloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!