Monday, February 21, 2011

A Marvelous Monday (for wrapping packages)

Ahh, a busy, busy day right out of a Richard Scarry story - minus the pickle cars and banana mobiles :) I've been running all over town trying to gather everything I need in order to properly package my very first orders. I think I have everything under control now, other than the fact that I realized rather late that today is Presidents' Day and the post office isn't open! Oh well, at least everything will be in perfect order in the morning to be shipped.

I decided I want to pretty up all of my packages before sending them, since there's nothing more exciting than opening up a present - even if it is from yourself :) I also want to maintain that vintage look, though. So, I got some kraft paper, pretty ribbon and made my own tags. I'm rather pleased with the results!

What do you think? It's not perfect, but I like the brown paper (it reminds me of old-fashioned butcher paper) and I love the ribbon (who doesn't like shiny ribbon??). The tags need some work, but they were the best I could come up with at such short notice - I wasn't expecting to make any sales yet! I thought the tag could function rather like a business card, with my shop name and maybe my e-mail address; I also thought it may be less pushy. Any thoughts? What would you prefer? A tag? or a business card? or both?

Well, my sister and nephew are on their way over, and she and I are going to cook dinner together, so I'd better go. I hope you have a Marvelous Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!