Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Satisfying Day's End - or - Of Cabbages and Kings

This truly has been a satisfying day's end. My very first transaction as an Etsy seller has been completed and I couldn't be happier! Also, my evening class, History of Rhetoric, was quite productive and we had a lively discussion regarding Aristotle's On Rhetoric - Book II. I won't torture you with the details though ;)

As much as I love Rhetoric and my evening class, tomorrow is my birthday and I need at least a temporary respite from Aristotle's intense objectivity. So, I'm watching my very favorite version of Alice in Wonderland :)


This movie scared me when I was little; it was too surreal and MUCH too silly. Now I love the whimsy and nonsense poems and, of course, the characters themselves. I have a special affection for the Cheshire Cat and the little mouse in the teapot :) Plus, you get to celebrate your un-birthday 364 days of the year with the Mad Hatter and March Hare!!

I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you have Callooh! Callay! A frabjous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!