Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whimsical Wednesdays: Meet Quirk & Happenstance!

Greetings! First on today's agenda is the announcement that I have dubbed Wednesdays as "Whimsical." So, it just makes sense that I introduce whimsical pieces and artists on this day :)

Therefore, I am thrilled to introduce Quirk & Happenstance, a shop brimming with whimsy by photographer and artist Amber Haschenburger! Ms. Haschenburger says she "loves putting on a pair of dirty tennis shoes and traversing the neighborhood camera in hand." How fun is that! She has discovered so many charming places, shops and buildings to photograph you have to peruse her shop.

Here is a piece I particularly want you to see! It is entitled Junktacular Spectacular and I LOVE it! I had been thinking yesterday how antiqueing and thrifting is like going on a scavenger hunt, and there's nothing better than stumbling upon a hole-in-the-wall shop brimming with mystery and charm, just like this one. To me, that is the definition of heaven on earth and it is truly spectacular.

I'm so happy I was given the opportunity to introduce you to Quirk & Happenstance and Ms. Haschenburger! I hope to share more of her work in the future as well as make Whimsical Wednesdays a weekly tradition. I hope you have a wonderful day and feel free to leave a calling card to let me know you were here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!